The AIARC web provides information about the various benefits administered by the Association of International Agricultural Research Centers (AIARC) on behalf of its member Centers for their current (active) and former (retired) employees.
Benefits offered include medical insurance, emergency medical and security evacuation, death and disability insurance, business travel accident insurance, travel assistance services, and retirement. Please verify the benefits that you are eligible for based on your employment agreement with the Human Resources Department at your Center.
AIARC partners with large internationally recognized companies to provide Center employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Cigna, based in Antwerp, Belgium, provides services for most medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug claims for the Plan’s participants. Cigna partners with Cigna Healthcare (Cigna) in the United States to provide the Plan’s U.S. Open Access Plan (OAP) network for medical providers and the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network for dental providers. Cigna also handles claims for outpatient prescription drugs received in the United States.
Emergency Medical, Security and Travel Assistance Services
- International SOS, based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, handles AIARC’s emergency medical, security, and travel assistance services.
Death and Disability
- Generali Worldwide, based in Guernsey, Channel Islands, underwrites the coverage for life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability benefits.
- Chubb, based in Warren Township, New Jersey, USA, underwrites the insurance for the employer-sponsored business travel accident insurance benefit.
AllianzGI, based in Munich, Germany, provides the retirement platform for non-U.S. taxpayers through the IARC Retirement Plan Trust located in Guernsey, Channel Islands.
Vanguard, based in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, USA, provides the IARC U.S. 403(b) Retirement Plan platform for U.S. taxpayers.
Payroll and Benefits
- AIARC, based in Alexandria, Virginia, USA, provides payroll and benefit processing services for 23 Centers worldwide.